Thursday, November 3, 2011

School Costume Parade and Halloween Party

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the kid's school?  There are so many reasons why I like the school, more than I could ever come up with in a blog post (maybe one day I will).  One of the fun things they do each year is a costume parade and party.  The kiddos wear their costumes to school then parade around the parking lot while the parents and family watch and wave.  They couldn't be any cuter.  After the parade the kids are surprised with a fun Halloween party put on by the parents. 

Each class is designated by color.  Ryan's class are the "Purple Friends".  His teacher was dressed as a purple crayon.  All of the teachers coordinated with class colors.  Very clever.










Lillian watching the parade.  When she finally spotted Ryan she started yelling "YA-YAN" over and over.  She was SO excited to see him.  On a side note, all of the teachers and staff tell me often that when Lillian and Ryan see each other at school, they get so excited and run to one another and kiss and hug.  I am so glad that they get along so well.  They really are best friends.

2 comments:

Becky mattson said...

How fun! I miss those halloween parades! Becky

Erin said...

So cute! What a fun time for the kids, glad it was an extra great day at school!