Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 days - Advent Calendar Tradition

I ordered an adorable Advent Calendar this year since Ryan is at a good age to start this new tradition.  Each day the pocket will be filled with a treat, an activity, little toy, or an adventure.  I have planned a trip to the zoo, decorating cookies, his favorite park, taking him to his favorite restaurant for lunch, more candy, little toys, etc.  Day one was a little chocolate Santa (Lillian got a baby mum-mum).  He certainly felt pretty special eating a piece of chocolate first thing in the morning.  I explained the point of the calendar, but not sure if he truly understands it just yet.  After a few days I think he will get the concept.  I can't wait to see him run to the calendar each morning to see what is waiting for him! 



2 comments:

Jaedeanne and Baby Ruby Catherine said...

So cute! Where did you get the calendar? I would love to get one for Ruby! Miss y'all and love you!

lori wharton said...

love the santa! this is our third year to do it with walker. 1st year (6 mo) he had no clue. last year took about 2 days and he was so excited! lots of matchbox cars and candy :-) we also do a cake for breakfast and sing happy birthday to jesus christmas morning and open the 'birthday' presents. he is already talking about that part (the cake) :-) we have an activity each night, but he has to wait until scott gets home to open his advent 'stockings'.