Monday, July 20, 2009

13 months!

I have said this many times, and I am sure that I will say it forever, but how time flies when you have a little one. I can't believe it has been a month since Ryan's 1st birthday. He is growing into such a big boy. He is officially off all bottles (Yay!). It has been about 6 days and the transition was pretty easy. He fussed 2 mornings when we gave him his sippy cup with milk. But after a few minutes he realized that he wasn't going to get his bottle, so he gave in. Now it isn't a big deal at all.
He is starting to "talk" a little. He can say "cheese" (sounds like "eeeeeeese"), doggy ("dah-ee"), momma, dadda, hi, bye, and a million other things that we can't figure out yet. He claps all of the time, can touch his belly and toes when asked, blows kisses, waves, points, and my favorite, gives kisses. He recognizes a ton of words, like nap, milk, juice, lunch, Elmo, ball, dunk, diaper change, etc. When he wants to nap (yes, my child likes and wants to nap - I am very lucky) he walks to the stairs and whines. If he is thirsty, he walks to the fridge and whines. So our communication is improving quite a bit.
He is now sitting in his forward facing car seat and didn't like it much a first. Then we put in the Elmo DVD that The Fiedlers' gave him for his birthday and now he loves it. He will watch it and laugh, clap, and talk back. Which is funny, considering he won't watch TV for a second at home. The other day I didn't have the DVD playing and he said "Mel-mo", or at least that is what it sounded like. Maybe a coicidence since I haven't heard it since, but who knows.
He is ALL over the place, climbing on everything, and he is running. I love watching him play and discover things. He loves to be chased and has learned to walk backwards, which is pretty cute to watch. Oh, and he still LOVES to be tickled.
He has become quite the entertainer. He loves to make people laugh and will make faces or do the silliest things to get a laugh. If he gets one, he will do whatever made you laugh over and over and over. It never gets old.
He is still a great eater and eats everything I feed him, but has figured out that Ralphie hangs out under his highchair for food to be dropped. So what does a toddler do? Feed the dog, of course! So we have to keep an eye on him and encourage him to eat instead of feed the dog. Ralphie is going to be fat soon.

He loves his Elmo chair from G & G Reckers. He is giving it a kiss in this picture.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm telling you, Elmo and his little movies were a huge hit with Kaylie when she was a baby... I'm glad Ryan's enjoying Mel-mo! :):) He's turning into a little man, a handsome one at that!